Friday, 13 March 2015

Last minute Mother's Day idea - Penny's style

Mother's Day - Penny's style

Mammy red head is very Lucky to have a mammy to buy for on Mothers's Day but after 30 odd years of gift buying my ideas are running thin and I feel that it's more important to tell my mam throughout the year that she is special instead of just one hallmark day! Last night I had twenty minuets to spare and said that's it I'm sorting out Mothers's Day and I thought to Penny's I go.  Now don't get me wrong my Mam deserves diamonds, holidays, Prada handbags but stay at home mammies pay is . . . Oh yes 0 I get payment in hugs which are lovely but unfortunately Brown Thomas don't except hugs, I did ask!   But my Mammy does and she also loves wandering round Penny's picking up bits and pieces and the odd bargain, so I thought i'd bring Penny's to her in a basket. I started grabbing and throwing in, oh so dangerous but €40 later and a very heavy basket I felt I'd done well!


What you think? I know my Mam will have a ball sifting through all the goodies and I had fun shopping for it.  Here's a break down of whats in the basket. . . 


There's everything from a shower cap (reduced to 50c) bargain, travel brush/mirror, lint roller, nail files, pj's, candles, a mug and much more.  The basket is from a set of two that cost €8 but if you where sticking to a tight budget you could get one of the lovely gift bags they have in Penny's or they have lovely rolls of paper for €1.50 /€2.  For just €10 you could get the pjs, mug and two candles that you see in the pictures total bargain sure what more could a Mammy want a cuppa, nice pjs and nice smelly candles?? Well Jamie Dornan to light the candles maybe??

Mother's Day while certainly is fueled by hallmark and every shop you walk into their trying to get a slice of the pie, but speaking as a Mammy just to be remembered by my kids and hubby in their own special way is all I ask. I hope I've helped give you some ideas for gifts and sure if anything it's any to head to Penny's !