Friday, 13 January 2017

Hello from 2016

Ok it's 2017 and it's being soooooooooooooooo long since I blogged for one reason or another I just haven't had it in me to want to sit down and write/type.  Its a strange feeling I'd often be driving along in the car or lying in bed and write an entire post in my head but when it would come to sitting at the screen I'd just blank.
Now maybe it's the slight whisper of, it's a new year and all the jazz lets start a fresh, but I wouldn't be a big believer in that.   I feel your setting your self up to fail putting so much pressure on yourself, Ten goals to achieve by day ten with the outcome, ten stars etc.  AH it's stressing me just thinking of it.  I do think that there has being a shift as such in peoples attitudes,

Are We Getting Board of the Constant Go Go Go?

I thought it was just me who recently has felt that I'm always running and racing for others and that I just don't have enough time for me, my children, my husband, my life overall.  So I'm stopping myself and asking what I want to do for the day and where and what I want to get out of the day.  So many times I've found myself rushing round the house in a panic trying to dress two children and myself, get a bag ready for going out, get dinner on, only to realize I'm going by someones else schedule.  A lot of the times all it would take is a phone call to say look its going to take this amount of time to get ready I'll meet you somewhere or can you wait for me.  I've fallen into the trap of just saying yes possibly down to having children, yes is always easier!
Over the past week I've being chatting to friends and even just random chitter chatter out and about and I was surprised when people said

'sure if i'm late what about, 
I'm stopping the running and racing, 
I'm turning my mobile phone off'
I'm working to my own time'

We've turned into a world of constant on the go, mobile phones in our hands always checking the times, tipping the speeds limits in our cars and our bodies.  As I said I've being gone from blogging for a while so this piece is just me back and saying take a minuet, a breath and think of you.
I'm looking forward to 2017 and more blogging and 
Mammy Red Adventures x x x