Thursday, 15 June 2017

Shit Mam

Did  you ever just have those moments where you feel like you're just being the shittiest mother?

Well that's me lately I don't know is it the ever looming summer holidays where its going to be full on entertainment 24/7.    I've had my low points three years of postnatal depression, hey bought the t shirt, swallowed the pills come out the other side.  Surely what ever funk I'm in I should be able to shake.

My kids are 4 and 6 yup precious ages, um well my two are at the lovely stage of telling me exactly what I'm doing wrong and goodness does it stink at times.  And often I take it so personally,  hubby will come to me and say their kids don't heed them but we differ on this parenting issue.  While yes OK in hindsight they're only starting to realize what may hurt, but I feel they should know that if they tell Mammy "she does nothing all day" that this merits a stern talking to.

Each age my kids have hit has come with it's issues, challenges call them what you like, but this last few weeks I've found myself just thinking what have I done wrong, why am I raising my voice so much ahhhhhhhhh they just aren't listening.

Do you know what STOP because,  just like me the kids are probably tired and need the up coming "rest".  I started out this post not really knowing where it was going but knowing I needed to hash it out through the keyboard.  So while I feel A little less Shit mother and today, tomorrow and the next I'm going to stop myself and just say, "No" breath and I'm not going to shout cause the only person I have to blame for feeling crappy is Me.
Now que the lovely pic of my kids hugging me . . .


Hey this was the best I could find because of course I take all the pictures I.m rarely in them